Emerald (Panna) is a green-colored precious gemstone. It is considered very auspicious because of its astrological benefits.
Emerald is the Modern and Traditional birthstone for May. It is also listed as a birthstone for the Zodiac signs for Taurus and Cancer, as the Planetary stone for Taurus and the Talismanic stone for Gemini. Emerald is the only stone, besides Topaz, that is listed as in all of the ancient birthstone tables. This gem is suggested as an anniversary gift for the 20th and 35th anniversaries and as an alternate stone for the 55th wedding anniversary.…
Panna is the birthstone for Virgo (Kanya) sunsign (23 Aug-23 Sep) and is the rashi ratna for Gemini (Mithuna). Ascendants of Taurus, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius can also wear the Emerald gemstone. Emerald strengthens Mercury (Buddh) which showers upon its wearer Wit, Creativity, Art, Prosperity, Wealth, Health, Agility and a very Sharp Mind.
Emerald is the name given the green variety of beryl and ranges between 7.5 and 8 on the Mohs scale. The name Emerald is derived from the French “esmeraude” and the Greek root “smaragdos” which means ‘green gemstone’. Top quality emeralds are a deep grass green with a slightly bluish cast, but many lesser quality stones are lighter shades of green and can have a more yellowish tone.
Emerald Stone Benefits
• Emerald strengthens Mercury (Buddh) which is a benefic planet. It gives its wearer Intelligence, Wit and Quick Learning Ability.
• It is also beneficial for business and trade, especially those which are related to communication, conveyance, connections and networks.
• Emerald grants its wearer creativity and helps talented and artistic people achieve success.
• Mercury (Buddh) is known as ‘Vaani-kaarak’or the ‘Agent of Speech’ in Hindu mythology. Therefore, Emerald bestows fluency, public speaking skills, confident voice and oratory upon its wearer.
• Emerald is very favorable in matters of education. It grants mental agility and is believed to be very auspicious till under-graduate level degree.