Pearl (Moti ) is an iridescent organic gemstone known for its lustrous appearance and astrological benefits.
Pearl is the birthstone and the rashi ratna for Cancer sun sign (22 Jun – 22 Jul). Pearl stone bestows the powers of Moon (Chandra) on its wearer and brings him peace, confidence, courage and calmness. Wearing a pearl stone has no negative effects and therefore, anyone can wear a pearl stone, especially ascendants of Sagittarius, Pisces and Leo.…
An organic gem, pearls are formed inside mollusks such as oysters and mussels. They are formed when an irritant such as a tiny stone or bit of sand gets inside the mollusk’s shell. A lustrous substance, called nacre, is secreted around the object to protect the soft internal surface of the mollusk. As layer upon layer of nacre coats the irritant, a pearl is formed. Light that is reflected from these overlapping layers produces a characteristic iridescent luster. This process of building a solid pearl can take up to seven or eight years.
Pearls are quite “soft” and range between 2.5 and 4.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness. They should be protected from extreme wear.
To be astrologically most effective, they should have no visible internal inclusions.
Moonstones sourced from Sri Lanka are considered to be most effective astrologically.
Which Pearl Stone Should I Buy?
cultured Pearls should ideally weigh at least 1/10th in carats of your body weight. (60 kg body weight = 6 carat stone)
Wild Natural Pearls are extremely rare and small and should weight 1/60 carats of your body weight.
The stone should preferably be round, smooth, free of spots and have no chemical or heat treatments.
For Astrological purpose, Rare Natural Pearls are considered the best and Cultured South Sea pearls, the second best.
The best thing about a Pearl stone is that it does not have any malefic effects on its wearer. In Astrology, Moon is symbolic of ‘mother’ and is therefore, very nurturing and affectionate in nature. Anyone can wear a Pearl gemstone and experience its mystic effects in their life.
• Pearl strengthens Moon (Chandra) in the wearer’s horoscope. Moon, in Astrology, is called ‘the Ruling Planet of Emotions’ and is associated with the providing calmness and tranquility.
• Pearl stone instills in its wearer positivism and courage and makes its wearer emotionally available, kind, and psychologically healthy. It also instills ‘wanderlust’ or the ‘desire to travel and explore’ in its wearer.
• It is believed that Pearl gemstone benefits people who are depressed, mentally disturbed or emotionally unavailable. Because of its calming effects, it is recommended for people who have developed a negative attitude or lost all hope in life.
• Children, especially those below 12 years of age, who face health problems or fall sick easily are recommended a pearl stone. Children should preferably wear Pearl Gemstone in the throat chakra in a moon-shaped pendant.
• Another one of the benefits of Pearl gemstone is that it instills self-confidence in its wearer and helps them express themselves freely. It is therefore very beneficial for people working as counselors, public speakers, therapists, psychologists etc.
• Pearl is specifically said to bring prosperity to people dealing in dairy products, travel and tourism industries.
• Medically, Pearl is believed to help keep the ‘Heart’ strong and healthy. Also, it is said that Pearl stone benefits water induced ailments and maintains the Water Balance in our body. It is also worn to cure conditions such as pneumonia.